Poppin’ Keto Stuffed Jalapeno Chicken
Poppin’ keto stuffed jalapeno chicken came about because my husband is currently doing keto and we had chicken and jalapenos. He is currently also on a jalapeno popper kick. He brought home 24 jalapenos from the store recently so I had plenty to work with.
I thought what could I do differently with the thin sliced chicken I had and this is what I came up with. I took the thin chick and laid 3 of the pieces out in a glass Pyrex pan. I mixed together cream cheese, chopped jalapenos and shredded cheese. I spread the cream cheese mixture out on the chicken and then covered each with another piece of thin chicken. I then wrapped each of these in two pieces of thick bacon and put the whole thing in the oven for about 40 mins.
What did my husband think? He loved it!
I also paired it with three jalapeno poppers each. Click here for that recipe http://www.theclassybrokegirls.com/poppin-keto-jalapeno-poppers/
What I like about this recipe!
It is easy. It is yummy. It took the elements he loves of jalapeno poppers and put in with chicken to made a great dinner.
What you need to make this poppin’ keto jalapeno stuffed chicken: Chicken, bacon, cream cheese, shredded cheese and jalapenos.
Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think of the recipe.
Poppin' Keto Jalapeno Stuffed Chicken
- 3 Chicken Breast or 6 thin sliced pieces of chicken
- 2 Jalapenos
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices of bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- If using regular chicken breast slice down the middle to make a slit for the filling and place in a 13x9 baking pan. If you are using thin sliced chicken, place 3 of the slices in the pan
- Mix together your cream cheese, chopped jalapenos and shredded cheddar cheese ( other cheese will work also)
- Fill the chicken breast with the mixture or spread on the thin chicken and then place the other slice of thin chicken on top
- wrap each piece of stuffed chicken with two slices of bacon
- Put in oven for 30-40 mins at 350. Check on your bacon and chicken around the 30 minute mark.
- If you desire your bacon to be crispier turn on the broiler for 5-10 minutes, checking on it very often, every few minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy
If you try this recipes comment below what you thought.